| This prayer page serves a double purpose.
If you are an M.E. sufferer and would like to receive prayer, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org We would like to know how long you’ve had M.E. for and what specifically you’d like prayer for (e.g. pain relief, better mobility etc). We will then pray for you at our next Grace Charity prayer meeting; we aim to have meetings monthly. For where two or three come together in my name, there am I with them. Matthew 18:20 NIV translation
If your prayer request is an emergency, let us know this so we can get others to pray for you as soon as possible.
Please let us know how you are after we've prayed for you. Currently, we can only offer a one-off prayer for new contacts, as we are overwhelmed with prayer requests. However, if you feel you could do with more one-off prayers, then do contact us again!
Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen. Ephesians 3:20-21 NIV translation
Praying for others
If you would like to pray for M.E. sufferers, contact us at email@example.com and we will send you one or two names of sufferers who want prayer. We will need your postal address for this as we like to send out prayer cards.
Privacy assurance: The Grace Charity for M.E. will only use email and postal addresses for the purpose of the prayer cards and these details will not be given out for any other reason.
Once a month, a small group of us meet together to pray for M.E. sufferers and the M.E. situation. We call this service Graceprayers. All services are on Sundays at 3pm GMT. You are welcome to join in with us, from afar, whilst these meetings are taking place. Below is the service sheet to help you focus and feel 'a part' of the service. Future dates are, March 30, April 27.
GRACEPRAYERS February 16th 2014
‘So we do not lose heart. Though our outer nature is wasting away, our inner nature is being renewed day by day.’ 2 Corinthians 4 v. 16
The illness M.E. can often make us want to give up. This is completely understandable given the immense suffering. For those who feel like this, this service may help. For those who feel called to speaking out the truth about M.E., perseverance is also needed as it’s tempting to give up doing this in the face of medical/governmental authorities.
· Open in prayer, perhaps dwelling on the above verse of 2 Corinthians.
· Hymn: I need thee every hour
· Reading: 2 Corinthians 4 v. 1-6
· Recent prayer requests: Our charity will now pray for several M.E. sufferers whom have contacted us in the last month, often globally.
Special prayer request: Please pray for Linda and Greg and a desperate situation. Linda is a severe M.E. sufferer and extremely noise sensitive. Their lives are being greatly distressed by low flying jets over their home, which are frequent and fly for many hours at a time. Please ask the Lord to come to them in their distress and for Linda to be healed and the jets to stop. Thank you.
· Hymn: O Lord hear my prayer (Taize chant)
· Persistent prayers: This is when we pray for a number of M.E. sufferers on an ongoing basis whom seem to need a deeper level of persistent prayer for the circumstances in their lives. Please especially pray for Karina Hansen’s release in Denmark, who was sectioned one year ago.
· Prayer for M.E. researchers and doctors: Please pray for all M.E. researchers and doctors who bravely work towards the truth of biomedical M.E.: for their safety, protection and continuing of their valuable work without hindrance.
· Reading: the rest of chapter 4, 2 Corinthians 4. v.7-16. Also, Hebrews 12 v.1-3
· Prayer for each other and anyone else whom comes to mind. Please also pray for the trustees of the Grace Charity for M.E. Thank you.
· Breakthrough prayer www.stonebird.co.uk/breakthroughprayer.htm
· Hymn: The Steadfast love of the Lord never ceases
· The Blessing: Numbers 6 v.24-26
[Scripture quotations are from the Holy Bible, English Standard Version, published by Harper Collins publishers copyright 2001 by Crossways Bible, a division of Good News Publishers. Used by permission. All rights reserved. ]