|| This prayer page serves a double purpose.
- Firstly, are you an M.E. sufferer?
Would you like to receive prayer?
- Secondly, would you like to pray for someone who has M.E?
(You can do this if you do or don’t have M.E.)
If you are an M.E. sufferer and would like to receive prayer, please contact us at email@example.com We would like to know how long you’ve had M.E. for and what specifically you’d like prayer for (e.g. pain relief, better mobility etc). We will then pray for you at our next Grace Charity prayer meeting; we aim to have meetings monthly. For where two or three come together in my name, there am I with them. Matthew 18:20 NIV translation
If your prayer request is an emergency, let us know this so we can get others to pray for you as soon as possible.
Please let us know how you are after we've prayed for you. Currently, we can only offer a one-off prayer for new contacts, as we are overwhelmed with prayer requests. However, if you feel you could do with more one-off prayers, then do contact us again!
Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen. Ephesians 3:20-21 NIV translation
Praying for others
If you would like to pray for M.E. sufferers, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send you one or two names of sufferers who want prayer. We will need your postal address for this as we like to send out prayer cards.
Privacy assurance: The Grace Charity for M.E. will only use email and postal addresses for the purpose of the prayer cards and these details will not be given out for any other reason.
Once a month, a small group of us meet together to pray for M.E. sufferers and the M.E. situation. We call this service Graceprayers. All services are on Sundays at 3pm GMT. You are welcome to join in with us, from afar, whilst these meetings are taking place. Below is the service sheet to help you focus and feel 'a part' of the service.
Upcoming Graceprayers are 13 July.
July 13th 2014
Heavenly and earthly homes
It is 4 years today that John and Catherine moved into their current home. This was after renting 10 previous homes in 21 years! Today, we think of M.E. sufferers in their home environment, giving thanks for those with peaceful homes and praying for change for those with noisy environments.
· Open in prayer thinking of anything at all to thank God for e.g. a carer etc.
· Hymn: O Lord hear my prayer
· Reading: 2 Corinthians 5 v.1-10 (Our Heavenly Dwelling)
· Recent prayer requests: Our charity will now pray for several M.E. sufferers who have contacted us in the last month, often globally. Please pray for an M.E. sufferer you know.
· Hymn: Love divine all loves excelling
· Persistent prayers: This is when we pray for a number of M.E. sufferers on an ongoing basis who seem to need a deeper level of persistent prayer for the circumstances in their lives. Please especially pray for Karina Hansen’s release in Denmark, who was sectioned one year ago. Please also pray for Linda and Greg in England who continue to experience noise distress from low flying jets, which is making Linda’s M.E. deteriorate. Also, Tracey in England wishes to move to a new, quieter home where she'll be happy.
· Prayer for M.E. researchers and doctors: Please pray for all M.E. researchers and doctors who bravely work towards the truth of biomedical M.E.: for their safety, protection and continuing of their valuable work without hindrance. Please pray for Dr. Nigel Speight who has been involved in trying to secure Karina Hansen’s release
· Reading: 1 Peter 2 v.1-12 (A taste of Heaven on Earth)
· Prayer for each other and anyone else who comes to mind. Please also pray for the trustees of the Grace Charity for M.E., especially for David Laker who has suddenly lost his beloved wife Geri recently. Thank you.
Please also pray for Catherine’s mother, Hazel, currently in a nursing home, who has broken her leg at age 85 and is unable to take a general anaesthetic. Thank you.
· The Blessing: Numbers 6 v.24-26
· Hymn: Be thou my vision